Play Educate offers a range of educational and developmental psychology related services for children and families. Psychology services are delivered in a client-centered and evidence-based manner consistent with the principles of best practice for the psychology profession.
Psychologists at Play Educate offer the following services:
At Play Educate, our psychologists are trained to administer a range of scientifically validated psychological instruments to provide insight into your child’s unique patterns of strengths and difficulties related to their learning and development. Psychologists can then assist parents/caregivers, teachers, and other allied health/support services to make appropriate adjustments and implement appropriate strategies to better support your child.
Psychological assessment may be helpful for a range of reasons, including:
- Your child may be struggling in all areas of their learning
- Your child may be struggling in a specific area of their learning
- Your child may be significantly excelling in one or more areas of their learning
- Your child may be struggling to meet behavioural expectations at home or in the classroom
- Your child may be exhibiting signs of non-typical development
- Your child may be exhibiting signs of poor mental health
Psychological Counselling, Intervention and Support
At Play Educate, our psychologists are trained to draw from a wide psychological toolbox. We work with children and families who may be navigating developmental, mental health or other life challenges. Our psychologists are flexible and work in consultation with other health professionals to ensure the highest quality care and support for all our clients.
Psychological support may be beneficial in response to some of the following issues:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
- Depression Disorders
- Impulse Control & Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Oppositional Defiant & Conduct Disorders
- Emotional Regulation
- Anger Management
- Trauma, including PTSD
- Grief & Loss
- School Refusal
- Self-harm Behaviours
- Selective Mutism
- Family Conflicts
- Changes in Family Dynamics e.g., new sibling, separation, divorce etc…
- Social Skills Development
- Supporting Times of Transition e.g., school transition, family relocation etc…
Groups and Workshops
At Play Educate, our psychologists work with our other health professionals to deliver high-quality therapeutic groups using a range of mediums and approaches. These groups aim to help children develop their social skills, and learn a range of approaches to emotional regulation, cooperation, and interpersonal conflict resolution.
At Play Educate, our psychologists can provide consultation and support to schools for both the provision of supports for individual clients, and for schoolwide wellbeing and learning initiatives.
These are some of the areas in which our Psychologists may be able to support schools:
- Compliance with the Nationally Consistent Count of Data on School Students with Disabilities (NCCD)
- Positive Behavior Support in Schools (PBIS)
- Evidence based interventions for literacy and numeracy
- Student educational workshops for issues related to wellbeing e.g., bullying, mental health, respectful relationships, drug & alcohol education